Friday, November 18, 2005

An Email Shocker, the referral transciption is here!

Ok, now I usually don't get too excited normally about emails but when
I saw an email from Leslie about Mulan's refferal transription I
nearly fell off my chair. I quickly printed it and my wife snatched
it from my hands. We both broke into tears how we read how Mulan
(Nann Chai Xin)was found wearing a light purple infant suit and was
wrapped in a used towel quilt, lying quietly in a cardboard case.
That did it right there! Wheww...

In this world of craziness it just amazes me how anyone could leave a
newborn baby and hope for the best for her. It goes beyond
comprehension and it makes me sad to think about it. However, I feel
that somehow God has a special plan for this little one in our hands.
That somehow as parents that we will make many mistakes raising her,
that she will turn out ok and be loved as one of our own! It just
humbles me of the responsibility that we have in this process, to give
this little person a second chance at life and love. wow..

Now, on to the details. We understand that Mulan was 5.9 lbs at
birth, enjoys milk paste (yummy?) a mixture of milk and rice powder,
eats 5 meals a day, and wakes up at 6AM (yeah, she's daddy's girl
alright!, sorry dear!) And of course the part at the end, who loves
to have lots of fun and enjoys most to have her caregiver hold her
just really gives me hope.

Ok, well those are some thoughts from a daddy's perspective.

Mulan, we love you! and we're glad to get to know you a little
better! -Todd and Lorlyn

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger VJ said...

Thanks for the update. Do you know when you'll be flying to China to get her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home